Creative Commons License

Sunday, March 5, 2023

Blog Journal 7

Some school websites do not require teachers to add their own personal touch to an element of the website, in my opinion. On the official school website there are only ways to get in contact with the teacher. It was very hard for me to fid a website, since most teachers want their privacy, of course, and instances like Zoom Bombing have made them more aware of the topic. I was able to find one, but most school required the "website" to be on sites like  Canvas, Schoolology, or Blackboard. There was a link to a google classroom but of course I did not have access. There was contact information and about page that gave some insight into her background. 
Mrs. Andrick 
Using sites like Canvas to grade would make my teaching more efficient. Having a multiple choice exam, or even having fill-in-the blanks and having access to every answer on my laptop instead of piles of paper would make me more efficient.  I could also see how having my students use technology could make their learning better. If they are having a tough time with a topic they can easily search for more help or I could direct them to a website where they could get help. 


My experience with wiki sites was fine. I think the system is rudimentary enough so that everyone can navigate, that being said some tasks were a little confusing like adjusting the size of an imported picture. I would make a wiki for my students so they can have everything they need at their finger tips, even at home. I think having the class calendar is an amazing idea so there would be less forgetfulness. Making things accessible at home is great for students who maybe had a hard time focusing in class that day and have time to complete a task at home 

No comments:

Post a Comment