Creative Commons License

Sunday, February 5, 2023

Journal 3

Happy Sunday ☺

Copyright is type of ownership. If someone has a copyright to something, they own it. It can usually get into the hands of other people, because it could be an online source or a physical book that people can own a copy of. Just because you buy something that is copyrighted does not mean you can do just anything with it. You are not allowed to share it. Fair use is an act that gives people to use someone else's copyright as long as it is educational, within fair use. There are a lot limits to fair use, but it helps teachers teach their students. As a teacher, it would be hard to teach this concept to my students. It is really easy to assign a project and ten use graphics they have gotten online. If I said they could not do that than they might have trouble finding resources. 
Cyberbullying is a terrifying concept. It saddens me so much to imagine being bullied. I think it is important to teach students to have limits. Maybe having social media in elementary school is not a good idea. Young children should not be online, no social media site is secure, and there are so many weirdos out there that know how to manipulate children. I would not allow my students to be on social media in my classroom, hopefully not be on their phones at all. I would also teach them that it is really scary, and it should be avoided if it can. Student privacy is also a hot topic. Especially now with cellphones that have cameras, teachers are taking more and more photos of children. Sometimes there are waivers parents can sign but its not enough. I would not allow other parents to come into my classroom and take pictures of their children if there were other students in the background. 
The Newsletter design as pretty fun. I viewed it as an artistic outlet. It is really nice to try to convey your message in an aesthetic and personal way. Next time, I would start working on it, step away take some time and then come back to it with a fresh mind so that I could have a great final piece.  


No comments:

Post a Comment