Creative Commons License

Sunday, February 12, 2023

Journal #4


Happy Sunday 🐶

I chose the Computer Science (Microsoft Word) standard for 6-8th grade. The standard I chose is to think about and deduce why some assignments and tasks would be easier for a human to do than a computer. I do feel like I am prepared to implement this standard. I know that computers are not always prefect, and you cannot count on Microsoft Word spelling and grammar editor to make sure your syntax is actually correct. 

I chose to search under Kindergarten Social Studies. The activity was locked, but it essentially is a coloring activity that goes along with a video to understand what the American flag looks like. I think this is great for Kindergarten, it is something really basic they should know. It is easy and stimulating for young children to be able to learn through technology and creativity. 

In order to find exactly what you need, you should know hoe to be able to use advance search on Google. I did not know you could edit the colors for results when you search, this is helpful when you have to find color-specific items like a newsletter. In my school district growing up, Google was actually banned, so we had to use alternative search engines. My favorite was Duckduckgo.com since it did not track and sell your data. 

No comments:

Post a Comment