Creative Commons License

Monday, February 24, 2020

Equipment

            Hello.  I was so excited to leave for Tallahassee but I realized that my iPhone 7 camera would not suffice. Thank God for dads who don't pay child support but buy expensive equipment. Anyways, my Dad is going to let me borrow his camera and his tripod. He needs it back buy the 12th of march since he is taking a trip to Italy and Dubai (so much for the child support ey?), so we may need to do more of the shooting earlier than I expected.

            Being totally frank, I have no idea what I am doing.  Yes, I have just learned so much thanks to the all-holy Stoklosa and we have done plenty of videos in class, however, I need to put on my big girl panties and do this.  I do not usually do things by myself.  I am almost always guided by someone else.  It is going to be a challenge that I will not necessarily enjoy but I am excited to see what I can do. 
Tripod
            I can already tell that the tripod is extremely flimsy, and I practiced panning and tilting and it does not produce a nice fluid movement, especially with the pan, which will probably end up being a problem.  We aren't there yet 😃 It should be noted that my Dad was very unwilling to lend me borrow the tripod.  I texted him asking to borrow the camera and within 1 minute he told me he had already put it in his car to give to me the next time he sees me ( it is pretty clear by now my dad does not live with me ).  I proceeded to ask him if he could lend me his tripod and he started giving me attitude.  The mysteries of a 54-year-old man. 

Nikon D3200

            Here is the camera. Manipulating it is very straightforward however I am having trouble focusing.  If I want to focus solely on one object it has a difficult time doing so. In the case, there are 2 more lenses that I have not messed with yet.  I fear that I might drop, loose, or mess up something. I just got the camera today so I am not too worried since my dad is coming up with me to Tallahassee so if anything he can help out :) I have never been good at configuring all the little settings that these cameras have.  Especially with the "mode dial".  I remember just messing with it when I was a little girl.  This camera has a digital display which is pretty cool, there are a lot of settings I can mess with but once again, I have no idea what I am doing. 

            Lastly my microphone, my iPhone 7.  I watched this Youtube video, uploaded by D4Darious, that explained many different parts of producing a low budget film.  Near the end of the video, he shows us how he conducted one.  Specifically, he had his actors re-record what they said.  The only microphone I have is on the Nikon camera which will pick up a lot of unwanted background noise.  D4Darious advised that I show my actors the specific clip I want them to re-record before I record the speaking again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment