Creative Commons License

Thursday, February 27, 2020

We Outchea

              Guess who has 2 thumbs and drove all the way from South Florida to Tallahassee?This girl!
This picture shows my very vigilant Father sleeping while his
 daughter drives for the longest she has ever driven before
            It was the most boring 7 hours of my life ( and I attend American High School).  Here is a fun little tidbit about me: I love "The Office".  Unfortunately, I have ruined it for myself since I have watched it so much, however: I am planning on cutting myself off cold turkey so that I can forget and enjoy it all over again.  Anyways, I really wanted to listen to The Office ( i have watched it so many times if I hear a scene I can see it in my head) but I really did not want to be one of those selfish people who text and drive, so I was stuck listening to the same 32 songs on my playlists for 3 hours as my dad and my sister both fell asleep not long after we started the road trip.

         When we finally got there, it was not what I was expecting.  I come from a very flat South Florida.  Some people refer to Tallahassee as "Floridabama" since it might as well be Alabama.  It was cold, there was A LOT of confederate flags and anti-abortion billboards, and such steep hill that if you were to take your foot off the brake you would start rolling backward.  To be honest it was a little bit of a culture shock to me.  Anyways, my family and I were very impressed with the campus.  It really did have the traditional college feel, seeing as that its almost 200 years old. Also, it was pretty funny that while I was there the decisions for its rival school ( University of Florida ) were coming out.
the three velezs 
seeing his first college football
stadium in real life

   



















    The campus was huge, so we weren't able to find a lot of what I wanted to film 😕 Also my dad was extremely under the weather, so he wanted to be in the 40-degree weather as little as possible, which made it even harder.
me pretending I know what I am doing
                                               
me sending out mixed vibes out due to
 my very thick boots and very ripped jeans




















           
                 By the time we had finished with the tour, it was almost 5 o'clock so the sun starting setting (thanks to daylight savings).  I filmed most of the footage in 2 places in front of the Visitor's Center.  There was some footage that I got under one archway that was beautiful, but the light was in my actors' eyes so it does not look that good which I am very concerned about.  There were little kids running and yelling right next to where I was filming.  I was set up with my tripod and they literally walked right in front of the camera while I was recording my actors.

               I am super excited to look over the footage!



and a little nervous.............


No comments:

Post a Comment