Creative Commons License

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

La Musica!

I am so sorry I cannot believe I forget to tell you. Forgive me. It just so happened that while I was driving to Tallahassee for my initial shooting, I heard "Mansions" by Matt Champion on the radio. I thought that the song was so perfect because it had such a somber tone (and it talks about driving and monotony in his life😧!). When we were having our group meetings a few weeks ago I realized that I could just ask him on direct message through Instagram if I could use the song, so I have been trying to get permision to use the song. If he answers it will be great, but if he doesnt it will be fine becasue i am not sure whether i should use an english soing or a spanish song........ maybe even a Spanglish song (obvouisly by the Spanglish King Mr.305 [Pitbull] ).
The message I so thoughtfully and meaning composed states "hi matt!  I’d love to use “Mansions” in my portfolio project. I am a senior in high school. I have to create a film opening and Mansions would be the perfect song. This portfolio is part of an end of the year exam for AICE Media. If I pass this class I will get my college tuition paid for. All I need is you reply saying “Yes”. Even if it’s not ok thank you so much 🥺🥺"
As you can see in the video, he is not answering. Sometimes I spam him when I'm bored but I know that celebrities have a setting on their Instagram that only lets them seem activity from other celebrities which is most likely why he has not answered. 
When I first started looking into Mr.Champion I thought getting a hold of him would be really easy since he did not appear to be that famous, but I was mistaken. Turns out he is part of a band, BROCKHAMPTON, a band that captivates many of my contemporaries.  Like I said I am not that worried, but I would like to have a backup plan. 
Here is his beautifully slow, sad song.

No comments:

Post a Comment