Creative Commons License

Thursday, March 12, 2020

Similar Films

Who doesn't love a little research?
I purposefully just stuck with "Drama" so that i can have a lot of wiggle room.  
The films that are similar to my film would be 

LOL (to a certain extent, more similarity with coming of age but not as promiscuous or serious as this movie)
and BoyHood (the child is ready to finally depart in their journey to adulthood). 

While none of these films are quite similar to my film, these films do have similar aspects.
In LOL, the main character is ready to leave at the end. She has a not so happy relationship with her mother (like my story!) and is fed up and as a result, does some not-so-smart things.
LOL did not do too hat i the box office. LOL was a remake of a French film, LOL. Most critics found it to be just another teen movie with no substance.  I do not plan on executing an incredibly profound, meaningful, and/or abstract film, I just want to convey a story that I have more or less experienced.  

BoyHood is what the Dad sees in my story. His daughter had grown up right before him.  He doesn't want to let go for his own selfish reasons. Critics found BoyHood to be very good.  The concept was simple, but the production was unique which allowed it to be emotionally significant.  Again. how the audience feels after watching BoyHood is how I want the Dad in my film to feel.  


No comments:

Post a Comment